Employee Engagement Is A Hot Topic In The Business World
Sep 20, 2021 by Jon Morse
Gallup identifies some core elements of employee engagement:
- I know what is expected of me at work.
- I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right.
- At work, I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day.
- In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.
- My supervisor, or someone at work, seems to care about me as a person.
- There is someone at work who encourages my development.
- At work, my opinions seem to count.
- The mission or purpose of my organization makes me feel my job is important.
- My associates or fellow employees are committed to doing quality work.
- I have a best friend at work.
- In the last six months, someone at work has talked to me about my progress.
- This last year, I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow.
So where does it ask if I'm satisfied or happy? It doesn't because those are feelings that result from the categories mentioned above. The specific behaviors listed drive engagement and productivity.Related Categories
Are you measuring these for your company? Why not? We can help!
For more information/discussion contact me at 210-286-7041